The Farmhouse Bucket List
The last five at the Stronghold has taught us a lot about home remodeling and now that we’re headed to the Farmhouse we get the opportunity to apply what we’ve learned on a grand scale. From the bathrooms to the kitchen, the garage loft to the backyard fence, here’s a list of what we want (and hope) to get done at the new digs. Before we start I’ll link our inspiration. So let’s see how this goes, shall we?
- Restore exterior for historic accuracy. Vinyl is gross. Just sayin’
- Stone wall (Done!)
- Sconce lighting (in progress)
- Change kitchenette to laundry center with study nook (in progress)
- The loft deserves more then subfloor and squirrel tenants – make this awesome! (in progress)
- Maybe even add a walk out porch to the loft
- Add walk out porch to the master bedroom
- The front and side porches are super nice… but can they connect?
- Widen the street end of the driveway to accommodate two car widths.
- Move the mailbox!
- What is going on with the upstairs bathroom?
- Add a bathroom to garage loft
- Remodel lower bathroom and extend by blowing away the closet
- Better insulate the basement walls
- Do something about the attic – that shiz is grossing me out
- And while we’re at it, Jacuzzi?
And here’s the list of everything we’ve managed to accomplish from the original list above. Not too shabby.
- Another total kitchen transformation
Done, but here’s a list of everything that needs a write up.
- Fence in the yard
- Replace the front door
- Replace the side door
- Refinish the front stairs
- Maybe adding a fan to the gazebo?
- Let’s build a shed
- Change the upstairs floor plan to include three normal sized bedrooms
- Convert downstairs to open floor plan-ish
Bonus done — things not on the original list but we did anyway. Also, needs write ups (catching up after 4 years is FUN!)
- Raised garden bed
- Master bedroom?!
- Kids furniture update
- Living room built in
- Whole home water filter
- Mini split system
- Basement storage update
- Landscape Lighting